Costessey traffic lights knocked out in crash
- Credit: Â©Archant Photographic 2010
Motorists are facing disruption today after a crash damaged traffic lights on a major road into and out of Norwich.
The lights at the junction of Dereham Road and Norwich Road have been off following a crash yesterday afternoon.
Temporary lights are in place while work to repair the lights goes on but it is causing disruption.
A Norfolk County Council spokesman said last night: 'We have inserted temporary traffic signals at the Dereham Road and Norwich Road junction for the safety of road users. Our highways engineers have started work at the junction to repair the damage to the signal pole and this will be completed as soon as possible.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 3 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 4 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 5 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
- 6 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 7 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
- 8 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 9 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 10 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse