Costessey sisters celebrate 10th anniversary of their shop Merry-Go-Round in Norwich’s Bowthorpe Road
Two sisters are celebrating a decade of success with their nearly-new store Merry-Go-Round in Norwich.
Lisa Holmes and Louise Grimwood's Bowthorpe Road shop sells second-hand baby equipment and clothes, and the sisters first opened Merry-Go-Round's doors in February 2002.
To mark the shop's 10th anniversary they are inviting people to join them in some special celebrations over two days on February 27 and 28.
Both the sisters have children themselves – 43-year-old Lisa from Old Costessey is mum to Thomas, 12, and Abby, nine, while 40-year-old Louise from New Costessey is mum to nine-year-old George.
The sisters know first-hand how expensive it can be buying all the necessary equipment and clothes for pre-school children, and say Merry-Go-Round offers a cheaper alternative and also gives parents the opportunity to sell items they no longer need.
Lisa said: 'Buying baby equipment and clothes can be expensive.
'Merry-Go-Round is all about recycling and reusing which is even bigger now than when we first started.
- 1 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 4 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 6 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 7 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 9 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school
- 10 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof
'We sell everything from maternity-wear right through to cots and cot beds and baby clothes.
'Merry-Go-Round is welcoming, cheerful, cheap, and with the biggest variety of second-hand nursery equipment.
'I do not think there is anywhere with such a quantity of second-hand nursery equipment available under one roof in Norwich.'
She said they hoped lots of people would come and join them for their 10th anniversary celebrations.
'There will be balloons and treats for the children, and coffee and cookies for mums and dads. We will also be offering a 20pc discount on both days,' she said.
• The Merry-Go-Round 10th anniversary celebrations are from 10am until 4pm on Monday, February 27, and Tuesday, February 28.
For more about Merry Go Round visit www.merrygoroundnorwich.co.uk or find the shop's page on Facebook.
The Evening News Love Local campaign celebrates the people behind Norwich's independents shops and businesses that help to keep our fine city unique.
Is your local independent business celebrating a landmark anniversary? Call reporter Emma Knights on 01603 772428 or email email@example.com