Costessey car wash plan up for debate
- Credit: Archant
Plans to convert part of a snooker car park into a hand car wash will be debated by councillors.
The change of use application for the land belonging to West End Cue Club off West End in Costessey has been submitted to South Norfolk Council by Miri Kaceli.
Members of the authority's development management committee will discuss the proposal, recommended for approval, on May 24.
If approved, an outdoor cabin will also be built next to the car wash, which would run from 8am-6pm Monday to Sunday.
A planning officer said: 'The overall scheme will result in minimal visual intrusion into the locality which is already commercial in nature.'
You may also want to watch:
Seven letters of objection, including four from the same address, have been received,
Concerns include extra traffic, which could pose a potential risk to local primary school children, and over-commercialisation of West End.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 8 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation