Cornflakes in lager...vindaloo with boiled egg..what’s the strangest thing you’ve had for breakfast?
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Poll of British B&B owners throws up some pretty strange morning requests. So how do you eat yours?
A poll of bed and breakfast owners, released today, has demonstrated our rather unusual appetites when it comes to the first meal of the day. Ranking as a favourite, of course, was a good old English fry-up with the works. But there were some downright wierd requests from some guests.
Of the 6,000 guest house owners surveyed about breakfast habits, some recalled being asked to dish up king prawn vindaloo with boiled egg, chicken and salad, a plate of fried onions, cornflakes in lager - and even a bag of uncooked pasta with a jar of supermarket tomato sauce (which the guest cooked in a kettle in their room).
One guest asked for smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for their dog.
And what on earth was going on in the mind of the overnighter who decided they needed five rashers of bacon in porridge to start the day?
So we want to know - what's the most unusual thing you've eaten for breakfast?
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 3 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 4 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 5 Man stopped 504 people from getting jabs after gluing vaccine centre locks
- 6 More than 80 Norfolk parishes protest against wind farm plans
- 7 'Oh God almighty, this woman!' - Zoom council meeting descends into chaos
- 8 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 9 Tributes paid to much-loved family man who died in A143 crash
- 10 Road closed for 'emergency' repairs to Victorian footbridge