Core! Sun shines as Gressenhall Apple Day combines taste of autumn with the weather of summer
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Crowds gathered at Gressenhall Farm this weekend to celebrate the very best of all things autumnal and, in particular, apples.
But that did not stop the weather doing its best impression of summer.
With temperatures hitting the twenties in East Anglia, Apple Day at Gressenhall farm today was a sunny success.
Events organiser at Gressenhall, Miriam Burroughs, said: 'We've had fabulous weather, and everyone's been enjoying themselves, in a great mood.
'It's been a fantastic year for apples with all the late sunshine.'
You may also want to watch:
She added that the Apple Day is always popular with punters whatever the weather - with a range of fresh produce available, including the more autumnal offerings of spiced apple juice and cider.
She said: 'Its an event that our regulars won't miss.'
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 5 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 6 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 7 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 8 Farmers hope to unlock 'huge potential' of cannabis crops
- 9 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 10 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
The annual Apple Day is Gressenhall Farm's biggest one-day event.