Cool trio from Iceland triumph in Lowestoft pancake race
A FLIPPING great time was had by all as Britain's most easterly pancake race hit the starting line in Lowestoft today (Tuesday).
And keeping cool under pressure, a triumphant trio from the Iceland store proved to be too hot for their rivals as they won the 2012 event, organised by the Lowestoft Town Management Partnership.
With frying pans at the ready, eight local businesses and organisations were all hungry for success as they battled it out in Lowestoft town centre.
Teams from M&S, Lowestoft Players, The Journal, Beach Radio, Harbour Inn, Wilkinson, Iceland and the Lowestoft Mencap Centre all competed for the covered title.
And first-time entrants Iceland were all smiles as they walked away with the trophy, after narrowly beating last year's champions Wilkinson in a close final - where the final leg of the race had to be re-run.
You may also want to watch:
The keenly-contested spectacle, which attracted a good crowd, was hailed as a success by the Lowestoft Town Management Partnership.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 3 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 4 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 5 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 6 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 7 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 8 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 9 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 10 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village