Concern grows for man missing from Gooderstone, near Swaffham
Police are growing increasingly concerned for the welfare of a 70-year-old man who has been missing since early yesterday morning (Wednesday).
Robert Staines, known as Roger, was last seen at his home in Elm Place at Gooderstone, near Swaffham.
He left for work on his mountain bike at 6.40am to travel through Gooderstone and Oxborough to Stoke Ferry, where he was due to be picked up by a colleague.
It is believed he would have travelled along Oxborough Road and then along the A134, but he never arrived in Stoke Ferry.
Mr Staines is 5ft 10in tall, of medium build with straight, grey, receding hair and brown eyes.
He was last seen wearing a yellow high visibility jacket, a black/navy wool hat, blue jeans and black boots. He was wearing a black fleece under the jacket.
The bike is silver, grey and black Elswick mountain bike. He was also believed to be carrying a rucksack which contained a lunch box and flask.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 4 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 5 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 6 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 9 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 10 Customers travelling across Norfolk to try pub's 'afternoon sea'
Anyone with information is asked to call Thetford Police on 101.