Commuters facing delays on Norwich to London train line this afternoon
Rail commuters are facing delays of up to 25 minutes on the Norwich to London train line this afternoon after a vehicle struck a bridge.
Services are currently at a standstill while Network Rail engineers assess the damage. The bridge hit is just outside Stowmarket, on the Bacton Road.
A statement on the National Express East Anglia website reads: 'A vehicle has struck a bridge between Stowmarket and Diss.
'Because of this, trains between Stowmarket and Norwich may be delayed by up to 25 minutes. These delays are expected to continue until approximately 5pm.
'To find out whether this will impact your journey and to get alternative options planned for you, please use the National Rail Enquiries real-time Journey Planner, or call TrainTracker on 0871 200 49 50.'
You may also want to watch:
Check back to this website for the latest on this incident.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area