Community raises cash for hospital’s care appeal
- Credit: Archant
Residents of a village have raised £600 for a hospital appeal.
The money was handed to Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn by the Iles-Hunt family, which runs the Peddars Inn in Sporle.
It followed two fundraising events held at the inn last month to raise money for the hospital's Excel Appeal, which aims to suport frail, vulnerable, and older patients.
The events were bingo and quiz nights, while the Iles-Hunt family also gathered funds through their Christmas lights display in the garden outside the pub.
Elizabeth Iles-Hunt said: 'We raise lots throughout the year and it is great to support another local charity.'
You may also want to watch:
Her father Leslie Iles-Hunt added: 'The enjoyment and satisfaction of knowing you have helped another person inspires me to fundraise.'
Laurence Morlaàs, fundraising executive at the hospital, said: 'It's been lovely to see a whole village supporting our frail, vulnerable and elderly patients.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 5 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 10 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
'There has been a real community effort and we are particularly grateful to the Iles-Hunt family who instigated the three fundraising events.'
To donate to the appeal click here or fill in the coupon, or pay by cheque: payable to 'Excel Appeal' and send to Laurence Morlaàs, fundraising executive, QEH, Gayton Road, King's Lynn PE30 4ET.