Family of late footballer host memorial match for charity
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The community will come together in the memory of a young sportsman who was killed in a car accident and raise money for a local charity.
Aiden Lowe, from Beccles died after his white BMW 430d came off the A143 in Gillingham in 2017.
Since then he has been remember by loved ones as a 'wonderful son and brother'.
To keep his name alive, his family set up Aiden's Gift to help fund sporting activities for children affected by illness or disability through East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH).
This Sunday (May 5), the community are invited to Bungay Town's football club for a match, activities, cake stalls, live music as well as a raffle. A signed Norwich City home shirt as well as a signed Everton shirt are being auctioned on the Aidens Gift Facebook page.
You may also want to watch:
Entry on the day is free however programmes and charity wristbands will be sold on the gate for £1 each. For more information, contact 07800765248.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 7 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 8 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab