Community group’s fundraising to improve Stradbroke play parks
- Credit: Archant
A group have explored a range of fundraising activities in an attempt to raise the thousands of pounds needed to improve play park facilities in their village.
The Stradbroke Community Play Park Fundraising team have estimated it will cost £65,000 to install new equipment - including swings and a zip wire - at the village's two play parks.
Some of the organised fundraising activities include a family disco, Christmas bingo event and charity calendar.
Stradbroke parish councillor Ellie Wharton, who is a member of the team, said the play parks - found at the community centre and Westhall - are essential to the community.
The mother-of-three said: 'It benefits the whole community. We have quite a lot of older people who bring their grandchildren to the parks. It is just somewhere everybody can get together and socialise and get to know people.'
So far around £24,000 has been raised, with the parish council pledging £15,000 to the project.
The group has been selected as one of the three projects to receive various sums of money from the Tesco Bags of Help in Diss.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 3 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 4 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 5 Customers travelling across Norfolk to try pub's 'afternoon sea'
- 6 Road rage incident sees van driver run over by car
- 7 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 8 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 9 Murder probe sends 'shockwaves' through community
- 10 Man found dead in sea off Great Yarmouth had made distress call
Tokens are given at the till and people can vote until December 31.