Community farming project in Norwich to host open day
- Credit: Norwich FarmShare
A community farming project is hosting an open day at its new site in Norwich this weekend.
The Norwich FarmShare group will be inviting people to take part in workshops and farming activities at its Whitlingham farm on Saturday, September 15.
Following its successful crowdfunder last year, the group has been setting up infrastructure on this new three-acre growing site.
'Farmshare is all about producing food with the environment and local community at its heart, and connecting people with the land,' said local artist Rob Barnes, who supported FarmShare's crowdfunder.
The FarmShare idea emerged in 2008 when a group of 50 people met to discuss what they felt were the failings of the food system in Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
The initiative was launched two years later.
The open day takes place between 11am to 4pm at Whitlingham Nurseries, off Whitlingham Lane, NR14 8TZ.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 5 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 6 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 7 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 8 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 9 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 10 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
For more information visit: www.norwichfarmshare.co.uk