Community Corner: Cast an eye over Beccles Society of Artists
- Credit: Nick Butcher
This week on Community Corner we cast our eyes at the fantastic Beccles Society of Artists, ahead of their annual exhibition.
Fans of art in all shapes and sizes have a treat on the way as the popular exhibition of local art gets ready to open its doors.
Beccles Society of Artists is to hold its popular annual exhibition from Saturday, July 28 to Saturday, August 4, at the Public Hall in the town.
The society, founded in 1969, was set up by the late Frank Delf, who was a retired marine engineer and a keen artist, and aims to further art and its enjoyment.
It meets on the first Wednesday of each month at the Waveney Centre, Newmarket, Beccles, at 7.30pm.
The paintings on show at the exhibition will be varied as all members make their own choice of their works to exhibit, with many selling pieces over the years.
Entry to the exhibition is free and with doors opening at 10am and closing at 6pm each day, with the exhibition open from 10am to 3pm on Saturday, August 4.
- 1 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 2 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 3 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 4 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 5 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 6 Boat users given fines over £16k for breaking rules on Norfolk Broads
- 7 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk couple: 'We’ve lost £30k in cryptocurrency scam'
- 9 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 10 Café completely sells out on first week of launching Sunday roasts
For more information, visit the society's website, www.becclesartists.co.uk.
Do you have a community group you would like to see highlighted? Get in touch by emailing email@example.com or by posting on our Facebook group!