Community Corner: Cast an eye over Beccles Society of Artists
- Credit: Nick Butcher
This week on Community Corner we cast our eyes at the fantastic Beccles Society of Artists, ahead of their annual exhibition.
Fans of art in all shapes and sizes have a treat on the way as the popular exhibition of local art gets ready to open its doors.
Beccles Society of Artists is to hold its popular annual exhibition from Saturday, July 28 to Saturday, August 4, at the Public Hall in the town.
The society, founded in 1969, was set up by the late Frank Delf, who was a retired marine engineer and a keen artist, and aims to further art and its enjoyment.
It meets on the first Wednesday of each month at the Waveney Centre, Newmarket, Beccles, at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
The paintings on show at the exhibition will be varied as all members make their own choice of their works to exhibit, with many selling pieces over the years.
Entry to the exhibition is free and with doors opening at 10am and closing at 6pm each day, with the exhibition open from 10am to 3pm on Saturday, August 4.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 9 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 10 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
For more information, visit the society's website, www.becclesartists.co.uk.
Do you have a community group you would like to see highlighted? Get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by posting on our Facebook group!