Smiles and sweet singing as new community choir proves huge success
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A new community choir is already hitting the right note and helping members make sweet music, having fun and meeting new friends.
Norwich Theatre Royal's choir has been holding free taster sessions and looking for more people to join up.
It will meet weekly at the theatre's Stage Two Learning and Participation Centre and is led by Norwich-based singer and actor Joe Ballard.
Mr Ballard said: 'Our numbers have grown rapidly, it has been lots of fun and we have lots of laughs. People have made new friendships.'
No previous experience is necessary to join the choir as they welcome a different range of abilities, ages and voices.
The choir will explore a wide range of genres from pop and rock to musicals and world music.
Meetings start on September 20 and last for 12 weeks up to December 6.
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 3 'He could've gone all the way' - Mum's tribute to aspiring boxer, 19
- 4 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 5 Norfolk worst area in UK for uninsured and untaxed drivers
- 6 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 7 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 8 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 9 Two Norfolk spots named among best places in Britain for a weekend break
- 10 World War Two aircraft to fly over Norfolk's skies
It costs £40 for the 12 weeks. To book a place and find out more visit: www.ntr.org.uk/CommunityChoir.