Smiles and sweet singing as new community choir proves huge success
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A new community choir is already hitting the right note and helping members make sweet music, having fun and meeting new friends.
Norwich Theatre Royal's choir has been holding free taster sessions and looking for more people to join up.
It will meet weekly at the theatre's Stage Two Learning and Participation Centre and is led by Norwich-based singer and actor Joe Ballard.
Mr Ballard said: 'Our numbers have grown rapidly, it has been lots of fun and we have lots of laughs. People have made new friendships.'
No previous experience is necessary to join the choir as they welcome a different range of abilities, ages and voices.
You may also want to watch:
The choir will explore a wide range of genres from pop and rock to musicals and world music.
Meetings start on September 20 and last for 12 weeks up to December 6.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 6 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 7 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 10 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
It costs £40 for the 12 weeks. To book a place and find out more visit: www.ntr.org.uk/CommunityChoir.