Community champ helps brighten up Magdalen Street, in Norwich
- Credit: Steve Adams
A green-fingered community champion is brightening up an area of the city.
Carol Mann, 54, armed with her trowel and baskets of flowers has been injecting colour into Magdalen Street.
Her love for the street has grown after being a trader for seven years.
So to welcome people to the area, she decided to plant flowers and pick up litter.
She said: 'It's about taking rubbish out and putting flowers in. It's a lovely street and I wanted to give something back.'
You may also want to watch:
Ms Mann works at Aladdin's Cave, on Magdalen Street.
'All of the traders shop from each other and pop in with cups of tea. It is a great sense of community and I just wanted to thank people around here for everything they do.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 7 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 8 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 9 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 10 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
'People stop and tell me it's a nice thing I'm doing.'
Donations of plants have been pouring in since the keen gardener was spotted planting.
Stuart McLaren, secretary of St Augustine's Community Together Residents' Association, said: 'Carol is doing a wonderful thing and she should be congratulated for taking action.'
People taking initiative in their area is something which Norwich City Council is trying to promote.
A council spokesman said: 'In the future we will be looking at different ways of working with local communities and building on the local pride they already feel.'
If you have a news story about a local person trying to improve their community, email firstname.lastname@example.org