Committees to look at waterways, boating lake, tidal defences and flooding in Great Yarmouth and Gorleston
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2015
Great Yarmouth Borough Council is inviting people to attend two area committees, which are taking place in the Great Yarmouth and Gorleston areas over the next fortnight.
The Yarmouth Area Committee will take place in the Council Chamber, at the Town Hall, in Hall Plain, on Tuesday, February 28, at 7pm.
Among the items on the agenda are an update on the council's project to restore the Venetian Waterways and Boating Lake, and a presentation from the Environment Agency about the River Yare tidal defences.
There is also an update about the Beaconsfield Play Area.
The following week, the Gorleston Area Committee will take place at Gorleston Library, in Lowestoft Road, on Tuesday, March 7, at 6pm.
You may also want to watch:
The main agenda item for the committee is an update from Anglian Water about flooding at White Horse Roundabout.
Both area committees include a session for the public to ask any questions.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 3 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 6 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 7 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 8 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 9 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 10 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift