Comedian Jason Manford in good form at Jarrolds, Norwich, ahead of Showground show
Award winning comedian Jason Manford was on good form at Jarrolds yesterday, ahead of his show at The Norfolk Showground.
Despite having travelled all the way from Manchester, setting off at 11.30am, and being held up on the motorway after a crash caused delays, he arrived at 5.45pm in chirpy mood, if a little uncomfortable.
'I'm dying for a wee,' he said.
'As soon as I left the house I knew, I thought 'loads of time, might even stop off, might have a coffee', no, not stopped off, not had a wee; nothing. I'm absolutely bursting.'
Mr Manford spoke to the Evening News on Wednesday, and remarked then how comedians found Norwich hard to get to, but always felt it was worth the journey.
'People have paid a lot of money in the recession to come and see ya, I think you owe it to them.
'And it's nice to meet people, I've just met a couple of people in the queue, whose heckles made it into the DVD, because I repeated the story at The Apollo in London.'
- 1 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 2 Man charged with murder of 19-year-old daughter
- 3 Four Norfolk gastropubs named among best in UK
- 4 'Heartbreaking' - Vandals force landmark church to close after damage spree
- 5 Two men charged with murder after death in Downham Market
- 6 Hospital worker set for £60,000 payout after raising 'bullying' concerns
- 7 Woman 'shocked' after brick thrown through living-room window
- 8 Cyclist's relief as driver is convicted following traumatic accident
- 9 Toddler died after getting trapped between stair gates
- 10 Fire at farm near Taverham being treated as arson
'It's nice when you meet people who have been to the show, they share the same sense of humour as you, because I like my jokes and so do they.