Colourful characters fill the streets of Loddon and Chedgrave for annual scarecrow trail
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Scarecrows of all shapes and sizes have descended on Loddon and Chedgrave filling the streets with colourful characters.
The annual scarecrow festival, with the theme 'anything goes', launched on Monday and will culminate this weekend with a carnival procession from Chedgrave to Loddon as part of a day-long celebration with craft and food stalls, live music and games.
Residents, businesses and community groups were urged to use their imagination when creating scarecrows for this year's trail.
The entries include Snoopy, a robber, Humpty Dumpty, children from the 1st Loddon Beavers and a new addition to the Ward Butchers team.
Prizes will be awarded for the best scarecrow and runner up, with visitors encouraged to vote for their favourites.
You may also want to watch:
The carnival parade will start at 1.30pm on Sunday, and will include the Phoenix Marching Band.
The procession will start in Chedgrave and make its way through Loddon, ending at the Jubilee Hall playing fields where entertainment will continue until 6pm.
- 1 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 2 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 3 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 4 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 5 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 6 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 7 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 8 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 9 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 10 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge