Colkirk to hold fun run and BBQ to support 16th century St Mary’s church
- Credit: IAN BURT
The Colkirk and Oxwick fun run is being held in support of the village's 16th century parish church.
The church of St Mary, in Colkirk, dates back to 1583.
The fun run, which will take place on Saturday, September 23, on the Colkirk Playing Field, and will raise funds to support the church.
The course is an enjoyable three miles or 4.8k. It is a safe cross country run, with two short road sections with marshals.
Suitable for all: families young, old, serious runners in lycra, or fun-lovers in fancy dress. Entrants can run, jog, or walk, and dogs on leads are welcome to join in the fun.
You may also want to watch:
Entry to the race is £5, and families are welcome, with a family ticket costing £10.
The starting pistol will be fired at 11am, and entries will be accepted on the day from an hour beforehand.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 5 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 7 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 8 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 Iconic seafront property sold as developer donates £50,000 to lifeboats
The race begins and ends on the playing field, on Whissonsett Road.
There will be a BBQ, cake sale, and prize raffle after the race is over.