Coastguard goes to aid of 82-year-old man who was reported missing
- Credit: Hunstanton Coastguard
Coastguards went to the aid of an 82-year-old man, who was reported missing in west Norfolk.
Hunstanton Coastguard Rescue Team was paged, at about 5.45pm on Friday, January 1, to help search for the man, who had gone missing in Heacham.
Once on scene, the team met police and family members and began work on a search plan.
But, as that plan was being put together, news came through that the man had been found, but could be in need of medical help.
The coastguard team went to the man and gave medical assistance until paramedics arrived.
You may also want to watch:
Once paramedics checked the man out he was released to go home.
HM Coastguard Sutton Bridge and Hunstanton RNLI had also been tasked to help.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 4 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 5 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 6 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 7 Concern raised over work on anaerobic digestion plant on outskirts of village
- 8 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
- 9 Can you spot yourself at Let's Rock Norwich?
- 10 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub