Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk
- Credit: Norfolk Police
Coastguard teams spent six hours searching for a missing man but were unable to locate him.
Jamie Mason from London was last seen at a campsite in Waxham on Friday morning (July 30), and is expected to have remained in the coastal areas of Norfolk.
Just after 6pm on Friday, Bacton and Gorleston Coastguard were tasked with helping to find the missing 46-year-old.
The teams searched the beach from Caister to Horsey, while Hemsby Lifeboat carried out a shoreline search.
Lowland Search and Rescue, meanwhile, focused on the area around Winterton dunes.
By midnight, the teams decided to suspend the search.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Mason is described as a white man, 5ft 8 inches in height, with short, dark hair and a stocky build.
Officers are concerned for his welfare welfare, and would like to hear from anyone who may have seen him.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 4 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 5 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 6 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 7 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 8 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 9 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 10 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
Anyone with information is asked to contact Norfolk police on 101, quoting incident number 165 of 30 July.