Coastguard at centre of Sheringham lifeboat day drama
- Credit: Archant
A dramatic rescue involving the coastguard helicopter was one of the highlights of the annual Lifeboat Day in Sheringham.
Cromer lifeboat also joined in the demonstration at sea which attracted visitors to the coast on Sunday.
Other attractions on the day, the station's annual fundraiser, included a model boat display at the town's boating pond at the Leas.
Jerry Woodley, from Sheringham Coastguard station, said: 'We're asked every year to come here to provide a rope rescue demonstration. Only this past week we've had two cliff rescue shouts – a dog over a cliff at East Runton and a drunken man over the cliff in Overstrand.
'We work regularly with the lifeboat service. Through the summer we have been fairly busy, but that's traditional. But we went out Christmas day and New Year's Day – a big rescue at Trimingham with the lady stuck in the mud.
You may also want to watch:
'We had four or five casualties in January which was unheard of, and there was the tidal surge a couple of years ago, we just never know when we will receive a call.'
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 6 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 7 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 8 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 9 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 10 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire