Coastguard and lifeboat crews search for missing man
- Credit: Happisburgh RNLI Lifeboat
Coastguard crews, lifeboat volunteers and an emergency helicopter were involved in the search of a missing man along the coast.
Adam Harvey, 48, from Hingham, has not been seen since Friday, February 14 and was reported missing on the morning of Wednesday, February 19.
He is expected to be on foot in the Happisburgh area.
A national Coastguard spokesman said the emergency service's helicopter was scrambled for the search, as well as Coastguard crews from Bacton and Winterton, after being alerted by Norfolk Police at 1.15pm on February 19.
He added the Coastguard search, around the Cart Gap area near Happisburgh, finished at 7.30pm that day.
Around seven volunteers from the Happisburgh RNLI Lifeboat crew also helped with the search in the North Sea from 2.45pm on February 19 which lasted for just over two hours.
You may also want to watch:
Philip Smith, press officer for Happisburgh RNLI Lifeboat, said: "We started at the Walcott shoreline and went down to Waxham."
He added the lifeboat's Atlantic 85 vessel, called the Howard Bell, went out for about one mile before returning to Cart Gap where it is based.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 5 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 8 Farmers hope to unlock 'huge potential' of cannabis crops
- 9 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
- 10 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
Mr Smith and the Coastguard spokesman said the search was being led by the police and had not yet heard from the authority if the coastal emergency teams were needed for further searches.
Mr Harvey is described as white, of medium build, 6ft in height and with a beard.
He is expected to be dressed in a camouflage top and trousers and wearing beige army-style boots.
Police are appealing for help to trace Mr Harvey, and would like to hear from anyone who may have seen him.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Norfolk Police on 101 quoting incident number 111 of Wednesday, February 19, 2020.