Coastal sea wall repair works under way
- Credit: Archant
Coastal repair and maintenance works are being carried out across Lowestoft.
Coastal Partnership East and contractors the Water Management Alliance is continuing with "small scale coastal protection asset repairs and maintenance works" at Lowestoft.
Work, which is taking place across the sea wall from South Pier/Fisherman's Wharf heading south, is set to continue for another week with "short term beach user access restrictions" in place.
Among the repairs being carried out is works to sea wall expansion joints, localised repairs to promenade surface, safety/hand railing improvements and timber groyne maintenance.
Work also started on Monday, March 9 at the Hamilton Sea Wall steps in Lowestoft, which is due to last three or four weeks.
You may also want to watch:
With "short term beach user access restrictions" and "temporary public footpath diversions" in place, work is being carried out across the sea wall from Ness Point south to Hamilton Road.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 8 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 9 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 10 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut