Co-op and Post Office open in former Budgens in Cromer
- Credit: Tony Buckingham
The Co-op has opened its newest food store in Cromer High Street following a near £750,000 investment which has secured over 20 jobs.
The new store, at the former Budgens, offers Post Office services, an in-store bakery and Costa coffee.
The store will bring a funding boost to local community groups through its membership scheme – members receive a 5pc reward on the purchase of own-branded products and services, with a further 1pc benefiting local good causes.
In addition, Cromer Lifeboat Station received a £1,000 donation as part of the store's launch day celebrations on Thursday, June 29.
Store manager Stuart Vail said: 'We are thrilled to have made such a significant investment in Cromer – the store has a great new look. Our ambition is to establish the store as a hub and a real asset locally.'
You may also want to watch:
The Post Office is open 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 12.30pm Saturday.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 6 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 7 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 8 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 9 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms
- 10 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award