CLS Offshore’s new contracts means 25 new jobs for Great Yarmouth
CLS Offshore has been awarded a new contract with new client Wood Group for remedial works following the completion of Scira's Sheringham Shoal wind farm off the North Norfolk coast.
A crew of electricians, platers, welders, painters, and technical workers, operating from an offshore accommodation vessel, has started a 41-day contract to carry out the work on the wind farm's two sub-stations. Along with two new long-term contracts for operations and maintenance support work for the Greater Gabbard wind farm off Lowestoft, the extra business will mean at least 25 new jobs for the Great Yarmouth-based energy sector services company.
The Sheringham Shoal contract is a great opportunity for us to work with the Wood Group project management team for the first time and is a further stage of our growing status in the windpower sector, said CLS managing director Scott McMillan.
The company has already extended its own team with six new workshop apprentices, two trainees and two trainee project engineers this year.
'We're hoping to offer similar opportunities in 2013 so, along with the extra recruitment, we are offering increasing career potential for skilled local people and for young people coming out of education,' said Mr McMillan.
You may also want to watch:
Pictured is one of the Sheringham Shoal substations. Photo by CHPV courtesy of Scira
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 3 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 4 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 5 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 6 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 7 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 8 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening
- 9 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on Cherries ace