Closed pub The Marlpit Arms is coming back to life for a festive event this weekend
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
A pub which has been closed since May, is opening its doors for one night only for an evening of festive fun.
The Marlpit Arms, on Hellesdon Road, Lower Hellesdon, is currently under renovation, however, this Saturday it will be hosting a Christmas Fair, in partnership with a community group that has fought to keep it alive.
The fair will feature an array of festive activities for the whole family to enjoy, including a mini French and local food market and karaoke carols in the evening.
It is being held in aid of a number of local charities, including Norwich homeless charity The People's Picnic and the Cure Parkinson's Trust. It will also see festive gifts delivered on bicycle by one of Santa's elves, courtesy of Outspoken cycle delivery.
Cécile Bidet, the pub's new proprietor, said: 'This event will serve as a good chance to keep the momentum of the renovation going and show people that we are creating a pub for the extended community.
'We hope the fair will give people a little taster of what the pub will be like when we re-open next year.'
Lucy Galvin, of Friends of the Marlpit, added: 'We held an extremely successful event in the summer and we are really hoping to repeat this and bring this marvellous pub back to life.'
- 1 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 2 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 3 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 4 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 5 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 6 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
- 7 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 8 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
The event runs from 4pm until 10pm and is free to attend.
Do you have a festive story? Contact David Hannant on 01603 693892.