Closed Norwich pub could soon be reopening its doors
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich pub which closed last month could be opening its doors in the next few days.
Regulars at the Belle Vue pub were invited to help give the St Philips Road pub an emotional send off at the end of last month after bosses announced the closure in a message on social media.
But Ei Publican Partnerships, which owns the pub, have confirmed it might be open to customers again soon.
A spokesman said: 'We have entered into a new agreement with an experienced publican to run The Belle Vue and would like to reassure the local community that we hope to have the pub open again from next week.'
As previously reported the Belle Vue's closure was announced in a post on Facebook.
It said: 'To all of our beloved customers and friends - it is with great sadness that we must announce the closure of The Belle Vue as we currently know it.
'Our last trading will be Tuesday 28th November and we invite you ALL to spend the evening with our wonderful team, commiserating and reminiscing with frosty beverage in hand.
- 1 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 2 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 3 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 6 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 7 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 8 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 9 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 10 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
'We hope and assume that in the near future a new tenant will re-open The Belle Vue but unfortunately have no information as to who and when at this time.
'We know you will join us in wishing the best to our incredible team - Hanna, Beth, Rebecca, Ljm (Liessa), Jonathon, Katy, Megan, Donna, Aaron, Rian, Samuel, Daisy, David and Bella!
'All our love to you all, Lucy and Simone xxx'
Following the Facebook post Ei Publican Partnerships confirmed the tenants were vacating but insisted they were working hard to find a new operator.
The spokesman said they were hoping the pub would reopen by early December.
The Belle Vue was first licensed in October 1878 and damaged by enemy action between 27-29 April 1942.
The pub has previously taken part in the city's annual celebration of beer and brewing - Norwich City of Ale.
This paper has, through our Love Your Local campaign, been urging people to make use of their local pubs, or risk losing them forever.
Are you battling to stop your local from closing? Email email@example.com.