Closed Hellesdon pub The Bull could be about to reopen its doors to locals
- Credit: � ARCHANT NORFOLK PHOTOGRAPHI
A troubled pub which has been closed since the beginning of the year could soon be about to reopen.
The Bull in Hellesdon, which has had a turbulent past with a number of closures and a succession of different people taking over the helm, closed yet again in February less than a year after the latest landlord took over.
The once popular watering hole has been shut ever since but the company which owns the last pub in the heart of Hellesdon have hinted it might be open again soon.
A spokesman for Ei Publican Partnerships, formerly Enterprise Inns, said: 'We are in discussion with a number of experienced operators who are interested in taking on The Bull in Hellesdon.
'We are also exploring options around a major refurbishment scheme.'
You may also want to watch:
As previously reported John Bunkell was appointed as landlord of the Bull in June last year and said he wanted to bring the Middleton's Lane watering hole back to its former glory.
But he left after a dispute between him and members of staff over the festive period could not be resolved.
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 3 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 6 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 9 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
But despite having closed again the owners of the pub, which shut for periods in 2011 and 2014, moved to reassure locals it would not be a permanent closure.
Speaking in March a spokesman for Ei Publican Partnerships said they wanted to reassure the local community they were 'working to have it back open as soon as possible.
Drinkers in Hellesdon were once spoilt for choice and while there are still pubs in the area which are open, including the Whiffler on Boundary Road, numbers have dwindled in recent years.
Closures have included the former Firs pub on Cromer Road which shut in 2010 and has since become a Tesco Express and the Falcon pub, also on Cromer Road, which was converted into an East of England Co-op in 2014.
This paper has supported pubs through our Love Your Local campaign.