Close quizzing for Lowestoft Lifeboat Shield
- Credit: Archant
Entrants battled it out as they attempted to answer a range of teasing questions during a closely-contested Lowestoft Lifeboat quiz.
The annual quiz and fish and chips evening at the Masonic Hall was organised by Lowestoft Lifeboat fundraisers and attracted 60 quizzers to compete for the AMEC Shield.
A local team, named 'Uncivil Servants,' managed to retain the trophy they won last year but it was close with runners-up 'North & South' missing out by just one point.
Question master Mike Barlow read out the six sets of challenging questions ranging from general knowledge, films, fish and food trivia, geography and a nautical round.
The Royal National Lifeboat Institution fundraising committee wish to thank all who took part in the quiz, which raised £421 for the lifeboat charity.
You may also want to watch:
Their next event is a Mayday Tea being held at the Lifeboat Station on South Pier on Saturday, May 20 from 2pm to 4pm.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 4 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 5 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 6 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 7 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 8 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 9 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 10 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge