Close quizzing for Lowestoft Lifeboat Shield
- Credit: Archant
Entrants battled it out as they attempted to answer a range of teasing questions during a closely-contested Lowestoft Lifeboat quiz.
The annual quiz and fish and chips evening at the Masonic Hall was organised by Lowestoft Lifeboat fundraisers and attracted 60 quizzers to compete for the AMEC Shield.
A local team, named 'Uncivil Servants,' managed to retain the trophy they won last year but it was close with runners-up 'North & South' missing out by just one point.
Question master Mike Barlow read out the six sets of challenging questions ranging from general knowledge, films, fish and food trivia, geography and a nautical round.
The Royal National Lifeboat Institution fundraising committee wish to thank all who took part in the quiz, which raised £421 for the lifeboat charity.
You may also want to watch:
Their next event is a Mayday Tea being held at the Lifeboat Station on South Pier on Saturday, May 20 from 2pm to 4pm.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 6 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Plea for farmers to engage with public over footpath fears
- 10 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water