Close call caught on camera as driver performs illegal U-turn in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
The heart-stopping moment a car performed an illegal U-turn in front of an unsuspecting driver travelling at 40mph has been caught on camera.
Adam Dyson was driving on Martineau Lane, in Norwich, when a red Alfa Romeo suddenly pulled out in front of him.
The incident happened on Wednesday, August 23 as Mr Dyson was driving away from the city towards the A47.
The 28-year-old from Wymondham said: 'I was travelling away from County Hall when this car just came out of the blue.
'I braked and swerved as he came to a stop then he tried to cut me up. I was lucky that the car behind didn't go into me.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Dyson also said it was a wonder how the driver did not see him as he drives a white car with the lights on.
He continued: 'The first thing I thought was how stupid as there is a petrol station they could've turned around in.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
'It shows how dangerous illegal U-turns are.'