CLIMATE RUN: Anticipation building for start of the big event
Students are now arriving at the Holkham Estate near Wells for the for The Climate Run.
Organisers will be pleased that the sun is shining and anticipation is now build for the big run, which is due to start at 12pm.
It is estimated that around 1,200 of Norfolk's secondary school pupils and college students will be taking part in today's event which features a fun run and energy-industry themed careers fair.
The Climate Run is the first event of its type to be held in the UK and is being organised by The Mason Trust a not-for-profit organisation aimed at helping 12 to 25-year-olds in Norfolk and Suffolk reach their potential.
It will raise money for some of the world's poorest people in Kenya, and for eco projects at the Norfolk schools and colleges taking part.
It is being backed by the EDP.
Visit this website later today for more updates and see a full report and pictures in tomorrow's EDP.
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 2 Fears over town gridlock as years of A11 improvement works begin
- 3 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 4 'We will always miss you' - tributes to QEH pharmacist who died in A47 crash
- 5 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 6 Villagers' anger after meadow is mowed causing 'destruction' of plants
- 7 Tractor being used for A11 roadworks had faulty brakes
- 8 'It's a nightmare' - Roadworks leave town 'gridlocked'
- 9 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 10 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school