Clifftop campsite wedding reception at East Runton
- Credit: Archant
A north Norfolk clifftop camp site is usually just a place for happy holidays.
But the shorts and tee-shirts were replaced by dresses and suits when a couple staged their wedding reception there.
Neil Missen proposed to Kate Parnell last year at the Woodhill Holiday Park in East Runton which has stunning views of the coastline. So the couple, from Haverhill, looked no further than the site for their reception venue for 30 guests - and their honeymoon.
Kat, 25, said: 'We just love visiting north-Norfolk and have holidayed at Woodhill every year for eight years so it holds a very special place in our hearts.
'We're not a conventional couple so wanted to do something a bit different for our wedding reception and, with Neil proposing at Woodhill, thought it would be romantic, as well as unusual, to hold our reception there.
You may also want to watch:
'At first we thought that we wouldn't be able to because of health and safety rules but when Woodhill agreed that we could hold it there we were over the moon.'
The couple tied the knot at Sheringham Methodist Church before holding the reception in the marquee in the holiday park grounds alongside 30 camping pitches for wedding guests.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 6 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 7 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 8 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 9 Air ambulance called to person's aid in Dereham
- 10 GP warns surgery 'is at breaking point' due to village expansion
Park manager Nigel Carr said: 'Many visitors return to Woodhill year after year but this was the first time that we've been approached about holding a wedding reception here.
'We are absolutely delighted that they have chosen to make Woodhill part of their special day.