Blaze near King's Lynn continues this morning
- Credit: Julia Cooper
Firefighters remain at the scene of a fire near King's Lynn this morning.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue said they were still tackling the blaze in a field in Main Road, Clenchwarton, at about 6.30am today.
Crews now say the fire, which started at about 4.30pm yesterday, has been extinguished and crews are now beginning to leave the scene as of 7.30am.
The fire had been burning for over 14 hours.
Nine fire crews and a water carrier were called to the scene of the fire, as well as several police cars.
Police have closed the road while the fire was being dealt with and are urging drivers to find alternative routes.
King's Lynn Police told residents in the nearby area to keep their windows closed.
Crews from King's Lynn, Downham Market and Swaffham were among the appliances in attendance.
- 1 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 2 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 3 Driver caught hitting speeds of 119mph on A47
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 City councillor investigated after Facebook golliwog post complaint
- 6 Crash closes part of B1145 in west Norfolk
- 7 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 8 Key worker couple celebrate 'fairy tale' day after winning £32,000 wedding
- 9 More cameras could be on way to fine law-breaking Norfolk motorists
- 10 A Hunstanton institution closes after almost 50 years
It is currently unknown if there were any injuries in the incident.