Classical ballet comes to Cromer this Easter
- Credit: Archant
Classical ballet takes centre stage at Easter when the highly acclaimed Vienna Festival Ballet Company comes to the Pavilion Theatre, Cromer.
Peter Mallek, celebrated Austrian dancer, founded the company in 1980 after his illustrious career as a dancer of international renown.
Now in its 38th year of producing quality ballet productions, the company continues to perform all over the world.
Its new spring ballet for the 2017 season is the classic tale of Cinderella, one of the best-known rags-to-riches fairy tales of all time.
A mistreated young girl, a glass slipper, two comical ugly step-sisters and a handsome prince combine to make the perfect piece of story-telling
You may also want to watch:
Cinderella is based on the traditional story, and the ballet will combine pure classical dancing with a touch of pantomime.
It will be performed on Saturday, April 15 at 6.30pm. Box-office www.cromer-pier.com/ 01263 512495.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 6 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 9 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 10 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront