Classic vehicles for Wisbech annual historic road run to Peterborough
Annual run includes March, Holbeach, Spalding, Tydd St Mary and Market Deeping
HUNDREDS of classic vehicle enthusiasts will descend on Wisbech for the annual historic vehicle road run on Sunday.
The 19th annual run is organised by Wisbech and District Historic Vehicle Club and will feature classic cars, motorcycles and commercial vehicles.
The run - to Perkins Engines in Peterborough and back - starts at Somers Road car park at about 9.30pm. The outgoing journey will take vehicles via Tydd St Mary, Holbeach, Whaplode, Spalding and Market Deeping, arriving at Perkins at about 11.15am.
A static car display will take place at Perkins for about an hour before the procession heads back to Somers Road car park via Whittlesey, Chainbridge, March and Wisbech St Mary.
You may also want to watch:
Once back in Wisbech, there will be a static display from 2-4pm. Cups and rosettes will be presented at 3.45pm.
Programmes and draw tickets will be on sale at the displays in aid of East Anglian Air Ambulance and numerous other good causes.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 4 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 5 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 6 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 7 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 8 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
The event, sponsored by Elgood's Brewery, usually attracts about 200 entries of commercial vehicles, cars, motorcycles and cars of all ages - including some dating back to the 1930s