Classic motorbikes roar on to Cromer Pier to greet variety show cast
- Credit: Archant
Glittering showgirls mingled with gleaming motorbikes when a convoy of classic vehicles roared on to Cromer Pier.
The unusual spectacle turned heads in this evening's summer sunshine.
The fleet was part of the fifth annual charity First Night Riders' tour of Britain's theatres, raising money for the Theatrical Guild.
It was the first time the ride had visited the East of England and tomorrow the bikes and cars are due to call in at Great Yarmouth's Hippodrome Circus en route for Margate, the Isle of Wight and Bournemouth, where it will finish on Monday.
The cast of this year's Cromer Pier variety show, which opens for the season tomorrow evening, took a break from nine hours of final rehearsals to join the riders on the decking.
You may also want to watch:
Pier manager Rebecca Wass said that she hoped the convoy's arrival would help spread the message that the pier was open for business after the damage it had suffered in December's storm tidal surge.
'It's lovely, and very important to us that they are supporting theatres. We are here. Please come and use us,' Ms Wass added.
- 1 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 2 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 3 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 4 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 5 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 6 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 7 Linnets turn down £100,000 bid for midfielder
- 8 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 9 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 10 Norfolk social worker loses race discrimination case
Since its launch the First Night Riders' event has raised more than £50,000 for the guild, which supports front and back-stage theatre workers who are in financial difficulties.