Classic cars feature at Wymondham’s nostalgic Vintage Day
- Credit: Archant
Classics of road and rail including two vintage buses, a vintage fire engine and a steam train featuring on the Mid-Norfolk Railway drew scores of visitors to Wymondham's second annual Vintage Day.
Classic cars went on display at the town's Market Cross for the event on September 10, while stalls selling a range of food, drink and gifts from days gone by filled the Market Street car park.
Mid-Norfolk Railway ran shuttle services on the GWR Steam Railmotor No.93, which was originally built in 1908.
Heidi Ollett won a bake-off contest for her lemon cake, and bands including Those Darn Mouldy Figs and Cawston Brass Band kept visitors entertained.
Paul Smith, one of the organisers from Wymondham Town Team, said: 'When we all recover I think we need to just take it in how well it went.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Smith thanked the volunteers who helped make the vintage day a success.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 6 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 7 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 8 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 9 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 10 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?