Classic and vintage car day helping to raise money for charity
Classic and vintage car enthusiasts are being invited to a Heritage Run, organised to help raise money for local charities.
The Broadland MG Owners' Club is inviting owners of MG and other classic cars to take part in its 22nd annual Heritage Run on Bank Holiday Monday, May 2 this year.
The event, which attracts more than 180 entries each year, will be starting at the Caister-on-Sea Lifeboat Station, taking a 70 mile route through the Norfolk countryside to a surprise finish.
The actual location of the finish is a well-guarded secret, but organisers are promising a treat that 'will be well worth visiting'.
Entry is open to all classic and future classic cars and previous entrants have included everything from Fords to Ferraris.
All entrants will receive a rally plate, tulip map, finishers' plaque, plus a bacon roll at the start, with the first car away from Caister at 9am.
The money raised will go to charity and last year the Heritage Run raised over �3000 for local charities including the Caister Lifeboat, the Norfolk and Norwich Cancer Unit at Colney and the Starlight Children Foundation.
- 1 Driver caught hitting speeds of 119mph on A47
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 4 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 5 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 6 Investigation closed after cash stolen from popular attraction
- 7 Crash closes part of B1145 in west Norfolk
- 8 More cameras could be on way to fine law-breaking Norfolk motorists
- 9 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 10 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
Entry costs �20 per car and entry forms can be downloaded from www.broadlandmgoc.co.uk
Alternatively email email@example.com or call Vic or Jenny Clark on 01493 601796.
The closing date for entries is Saturday 9 April 2011.
Broadland MG Owners Club was founded by Jeff Pittman and is affiliated to the National MG Owners Club.
They meet on the first Wednesday of the month at the Bridge Inn, Acle (on the A1064) from 8pm.