City venues prepare to celebrate Norwich Pride
- Credit: submitted
Venues across the city are preparing to celebrate Norwich Pride later this month.
Norwich Pride will take place on Saturday, July 30 and highlights include a colourful parade celebrating diversity at 1pm from Millennium Plain to Chapelfield Gardens and a party for all in the city park.
Lots of Norwich venues are also hosting events on the day and everyone is welcome.
Andy Futter, chairman of Norwich Pride, said: 'In the wake of the dreadful attack at the Pulse nightclub in Orlando earlier this year, it's more vital than ever that our LGBT+ pubs and clubs provide safe spaces for the community.
'The venues in Norwich are welcoming to everyone who is respectful and understands that they help provide a vital sense of identity to our LGBT+ community.'
Below are some of the venues holding events on July 30.
The Castle Pub, in Spitalfields - a barbecue throughout the evening plus drag queens Miss Penny and Cosmic will be on stage later in the night and DJ James Buckenham will be providing the music.
- 1 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 2 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 4 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 5 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 6 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 7 Man threatened to petrol bomb ex-partner's home
- 8 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 9 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 10 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
The Catherine Wheel, St Augustines Street - Courtney will 'Carry on Camping' with a live show direct from the Canary Islands.
Flaunt, in Prince of Wales Road - a weird and wonderful circus-themed night including a live performance from Britain's Got Talent semi-finalist Danny Beard and dancing into the early hours.
The Loft NR1 nightclub, in Rose Lane - DJ Sam Kelly will be providing the soundtrack for people to dance the night away.
Lollards Pit, in Riverside Road - a barbeque and outside bar with music through the decades.
For more details about Norwich Pride events, visit www.norwichpride.org.uk