City’s bargain hunters celebrate big milestone with their website Bargain Buys for Busy Mums
- Credit: copyright: Archant 2014
Their website has gone from strength to strength over the past year, surpassing all expectations, and now the eye-for-a-bargain duo behind Bargain Buys for Busy Mums is celebrating its success.
The Facebook group has now attracted more than 100,000 members and is growing in popularity with between 1,000 and 1,500 people requesting to join everyday.
Organiser Jody Leggett, of Sprowston Road, Norwich, said she could not believe how successful it had become and was proud of the achievements she and Amanda Viner – who answered her call for extra help – had achieved.
The 33-year-old mum-of-one said: 'We are pretty gobsmacked with how things have gone, to be honest – it just seems to have snowballed. We are so grateful to all the people who have, and continue to, support us.'
Now the duo are working on expanding what they have started, including getting hold of their own exclusive deals. They are also currently trialling a new website on which people can subscribe to a monthly newsletter which includes bargains, money-saving tips and a chance to win prizes.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Viner, 31, of Canfor Road, Rackheath, said: 'We want to be more for everyone and people who may not be on Facebook.'
The mum-of-two also explained that the group would be looking for a charity to raise money for next year and had already shortlisted a group of local causes close to their heart.
- 1 Norfolk to feature in Steven Spielberg's Second World War TV series
- 2 Restaurant boss U-turn after row over trial shift pay
- 3 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 4 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 5 Historic seaside pub reveals £60,000 B&B rooms
- 6 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 7 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 8 Partner pays tribute to 'love of my life' after Thorpe stabbing
- 9 'Disappointment' for town centre with McDonald's branch closure
- 10 Family lose 'lifeline' van in fire
The group will celebrate its first birthday on October 24 and will be giving away prizes such as an iPad mini and a hamper from The Book People, via its website and subscription emails.
The next big milestone is to reach 150,000 followers on Facebook before Christmas.
• To join sign up to Facebook and visit www.facebook.com/groups/bargainbuysforbusymums or follow on Twitter @bargainbuymums. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also subscribe to their monthly newsletter at www.bargainbuysforbusymums.co.uk/subscribe.