Norfolk student chefs to feel the heat in cook-off in culinary competition
- Credit: Archant
Student chefs from Norfolk will be feeling the heat as they cook in the semi-finals of a culinary challenge.
A trio of students from both City College Norwich and the College of West Anglia will take part in the semi-final of the Country Range Student Chef Challenge 2018, now in its 24th year.
Taking place on February 1 at Loughborough College, they will take on teams from Loughborough College, City of Liverpool College, Derby College and Gloucestershire College.
The challenge requires each trio of students to create and cook a three-course, three-cover menu in 90 minutes - with this year having a theme of Around the World in Three Spices.
The winners will go onto the final, and the overall winning team will take home a bespoke set of three Flint and Flame knives, a trip to the 2018 Universal Cookery and Food Festival and one night's accommodation and dinner at Michelin-starred restaurant Simpsons in Kenilworth.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 5 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 6 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 7 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 8 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 9 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 10 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront