City Church Wymondham celebrate move to town’s Central Hall
A Wymondham church congregation will celebrate its move to a new venue this weekend.
On Sunday, City Church Wymondham will be having a special service to celebrate its recent move to Wymondham Central Hall.
Pastor Barry Rooks said: 'We are very grateful to the United Reformed Church for allowing us to meet in Fairland Hall over the past few years. However, as we grew steadily in 2011 it became apparent that we needed to look for larger premises.'
'An opportunity arose to move to Central Hall and we have now been meeting there since January 15. Our heart is very much for the community of Wymondham and the surrounding villages and we would like to extend an invite to all local residents to come and celebrate this move with us.'
The move to Central Hall allows the congregation to remain centrally based while providing a larger hall for Sunday meetings and more rooms and facilities for the developing Sunday School and other activities.
You may also want to watch:
The service starts at 10am in Central Hall and will conclude at around 11.30am with light refreshments.
City Church are the organisers of the Wymondham Fun Day, which is due to take place on Sunday, July 1, from 11.30am at Ketts Park in Wymondham.
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 3 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 7 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 8 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 9 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 10 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
For more information, contact Barry Rooks on 07791088761 or email firstname.lastname@example.org