City centre crime spree rape suspect Jake Killick remanded in custody by judge
- Credit: Archant
A man accused of rape at the beginning of a crime spree spanning the city centre of Norwich has been remanded in custody.
Jake Killick appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court this afternoon facing five charges including rape and robbery, alleged to have occurred in the early hours of Thursday morning.
Killick, wearing a green and yellow tracksuit, sat with arms folded throughout proceedings, as he was told the alleged offences could only be dealt with in the crown court due to their seriousness.
The 22-year-old, of Norwich but of no fixed abode, was charged with
• Rape, in relation to an incident in Ten Bell Court;
You may also want to watch:
• Attempted rape in the underpass at St Stephens Street;
• Sexual assault on Riverside Road;
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 4 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 10 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
• Two counts of robbery, in relation to incidents in London Street and Theatre Street.
No application was made for bail and Killick will next appear at Norwich Crown Court on May 2.