Circus director from Watton seeks local talent for show at Scoulton farm
- Credit: Archant
A circus director who made his name as a clown performing at a Norfolk farm is looking for members of his community to take part in a Christmas show.
Alex Morley, resident producer and director at Russells International Circus, was born and raised in Watton and began his circus career at Melsop Farm Park in Scoulton 10 years ago.
Since those first tentative, clown-footed steps, Mr Morley has gone on to produce other circuses including Gerry Cottells and The Nederlands National Circus and has been with Russells for five years.
Now he wants to do something in return for those who helped him make his name by hosting a Christmas Spectacular at Melsop Park Farm.
Mr Morley has already assembled a cast of professional acts for the show including acrobats from the famous Romanian State Circus, but is inviting members of the community to apply to take part as well.
You may also want to watch:
Running from November 26 to December 23, Mr Morley believes the circus spectacular may be a first for Breckland.
He said: 'I want to give something back to the community that supported me in the early stages of my performing career.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 6 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 7 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 8 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 9 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 10 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
'This is a fantastic and rare opportunity for anyone wanting to get their foot on the ladder to stardom, and no matter what your act, comedian, dancer, musician, singer or magician, I want to hear from you!'
Applicants must be over the age of 16 and be available for shows between November 26 and December 23, although they will not have to commit to every show if other circumstances intervene.
To get more details and arrange an audition please contact Alex Morley by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07717 771333.