Circus director from Watton seeks local talent for show at Scoulton farm
- Credit: Archant
A circus director who made his name as a clown performing at a Norfolk farm is looking for members of his community to take part in a Christmas show.
Alex Morley, resident producer and director at Russells International Circus, was born and raised in Watton and began his circus career at Melsop Farm Park in Scoulton 10 years ago.
Since those first tentative, clown-footed steps, Mr Morley has gone on to produce other circuses including Gerry Cottells and The Nederlands National Circus and has been with Russells for five years.
Now he wants to do something in return for those who helped him make his name by hosting a Christmas Spectacular at Melsop Park Farm.
Mr Morley has already assembled a cast of professional acts for the show including acrobats from the famous Romanian State Circus, but is inviting members of the community to apply to take part as well.
Running from November 26 to December 23, Mr Morley believes the circus spectacular may be a first for Breckland.
He said: 'I want to give something back to the community that supported me in the early stages of my performing career.
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 3 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 4 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 5 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 6 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 7 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 8 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 9 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 10 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
'This is a fantastic and rare opportunity for anyone wanting to get their foot on the ladder to stardom, and no matter what your act, comedian, dancer, musician, singer or magician, I want to hear from you!'
Applicants must be over the age of 16 and be available for shows between November 26 and December 23, although they will not have to commit to every show if other circumstances intervene.
To get more details and arrange an audition please contact Alex Morley by email to email@example.com or call 07717 771333.