Church to induct first minister in over two years
- Credit: Archant
A church in Suffolk will be celebrating the appointment of its first minister in over two years this weekend.
Gunton Baptist Church, on Montgomery Avenue in Lowestoft, will appoint Ian Forsyth as its new minister at an induction service this Saturday, September 21.
The church has been without a minister for two and a half years, after the last minister left.
Mr Forsyth will serve the church after the induction service which begins at 2pm.
Church volunteer Cheryl Wesdale said the induction would be a celebration with food and drinks being served, and added she was excited for Mr Forsyth's appointment, saying he will be putting in work for the church.
You may also want to watch:
The church was previously served by the ministers June Love and Colin Napper, who was the church's longest serving minister.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 10 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate