On the bells City! Norwich church to ring out to celebrate promotion
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich church is to ring its bells as part of celebrations in the city to mark the Canaries' promotion to the Premier League.
Tens of thousands of people are expected to pack into the city centre today to see Daniel Farke and his players go on a bus parade,
And St Giles on-the-Hill will ring out its bells from 11am-noon to salute the team for their amazing success.
The Rev Canon Darren Thornton, rural dean of the city and rector of St Giles and a Carrow Road season ticket holder, said it was a great way to be involved,
He said: 'I can't stop smiling with excitement that Norwich have done so well.
You may also want to watch:
'We wanted the church to be part of the celebrations on Monday and our bells are ringing out to express how well everyone has done and how proud we are of our football club.'
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 4 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 5 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 6 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 7 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 8 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 9 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named