Christmas tree lights caused Cranworth house fire, near Dereham

Christmas tree lights were the cause of a house fire, investigators have confirmed.

Firefighters from nearby Watton and Hingham were called to the property off Moor Lane just after 8pm yesterday and were at the scene for nearly an hour.

The blaze happened in the front room and the emergency services were alerted to the incident after a neighbour heard a smoke alarm.

A Norfolk Fire Service spokesman said no-one was in the house at the time and no-one was injured.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter