Christmas through the years in Thetford and Brandon
Take a trip down memory lane as we look back at Christmas in Thetford and Brandon.
Our gallery has pictures from as far back as 1954, so take a look and see if you recognise any familiar faces or places along the way.
We have pictures from the Christmas lights switch ons, from the Christmas Tree Festival, and Christmas shopping and parties.
Since 1954 Thetford has grown in population from just under 5,000 to now more than 24,000, with more people arriving every day and 5,000 new homes to be built over the coming years.
But the Christmas traditions have stayed much the same, with Christmas light switch ons taking place every year and the Christmas Tree Festival at Thetford Methodist Church celebrating their 20th year of raising money for the church.
You may also want to watch:
What are your memories of Thetford and Brandon at Christmas? Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 4 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 5 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 10 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire