Christmas through the years in Thetford and Brandon
Take a trip down memory lane as we look back at Christmas in Thetford and Brandon.
Our gallery has pictures from as far back as 1954, so take a look and see if you recognise any familiar faces or places along the way.
We have pictures from the Christmas lights switch ons, from the Christmas Tree Festival, and Christmas shopping and parties.
Since 1954 Thetford has grown in population from just under 5,000 to now more than 24,000, with more people arriving every day and 5,000 new homes to be built over the coming years.
But the Christmas traditions have stayed much the same, with Christmas light switch ons taking place every year and the Christmas Tree Festival at Thetford Methodist Church celebrating their 20th year of raising money for the church.
You may also want to watch:
What are your memories of Thetford and Brandon at Christmas? Let us know by emailing email@example.com.
- 1 PE teacher banned after getting drunk and showing her breasts at school prom
- 2 Welcome to our new website
- 3 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 4 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 5 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 6 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 7 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 8 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 9 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 10 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive