Christmas presents provide festive cheer to hospital patients
- Credit: Archant
Festive cheer was delivered to patients at a north Norfolk hospital when they received some early Christmas presents.
North Walsham War Memorial Hospital's League of Friends delivered gift bags full of items to patients on Saturday December 22, from socks and stationery to toiletries and cheese biscuits, along with a Christmas cracker.
Staff at the hospital were also given food hampers as a sign of appreciation for the work they do.
Chairman of the League of Friends Keith Jarvis said: 'This is one of the highlights of our year. Staff say patients are so grateful that people are thinking of them.
'It is so rewarding to see the patients' smiles at a time of year that is all about caring.'
You may also want to watch:
Handing out presents is just one of the many things the Friends, who rely on public donations for their funding, do in their aim of improving the lives of patients and their families.
- 1 PE teacher banned after getting drunk and showing her breasts at school prom
- 2 Welcome to our new website
- 3 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 4 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 5 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 6 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 7 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 8 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 9 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 10 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive